Tuesday

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Entertainment Central Editor Gabrielle Compolongo

I am extremely excited to welcome Entertainment Central Founder and Editor Gabrielle Compolongo to The Fashionable Feminist. Living many a girl's dream interviewing celebrities, Gabrielle's glamorous gig also takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Check out some of Gabrielle's latest celebrity interviews at Entertainment Central.

How did you get your start in the entertainment journalism industry? Is this every girl's dream job, or is it as glamorous as it looks?

I started working at a local newspaper at age 17, and then made my way into entertainment journalism at around 18. Depending on your love for journalism, it can be every girl's dream job. It is hard work, especially running your own site and keeping it updated. The average woman might not understand how much work goes into being a journalist.

Tell me about Entertainment-Central and the concept behind the website. Why is it such a great online space for women especially?

Entertainment-Central.co is an entertainment website with a twist! We also have a section for beauty and fashion (which is mainly geared toward women). This section is to set ourselves apart from the usual television and movie websites, and broaden our demographic.

Of all the celebrities you've interviewed, which female celebrities exemplify girl power?

Oh wow, I wish that was easy to answer! I would have to go with Jennifer Aniston. That woman has been through a lot, and she's still awesome and powerful!

What does it mean to be a fashionable feminist in your field?

I think it means being yourself in a doggy-dog world. The entertainment industry is a cutthroat business, and I learned that the hard way. As a woman you have to stay strong, maintain eye contact with people, and really leave your vocal mark in the world (even if it is with a higher pitched voice than a male's).

What are five fabulous things about being you? What are you most thankful for in life?

Well first off, I'm thankful for LIFE in itself. We are all here for a reason, and are meant to live life to the fullest. Let's see...five.

1. Getting to interact with amazing people, whether it be celebrities or other journalists.

2. Getting to be the boss I'd always wanted to my writers. Sometimes when we are treated a certain way, we promise we'll never do the same to others. I get to stick by that!

3. The amazing clothing designers and makeup products that I get to review and do write ups on! What girl doesn't love clothes and makeup?

4. Being able to say that I've achieved my goal from when I was a little girl.

5. Being able to wake up in the morning and never know who I'll get to talk to or interact with!